[edk2-devel] Printing git commit in build

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 08:25:20 UTC 2019

On 06/06/19 07:38, Udit Kumar wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> I like to print git commit id, which printing UEFI firmware build information.
> Could you help, how I can collect ' git describe' information in C file.

I think you should be able to do this in the PREBUILD hook in the DSC file. (Run "git describe" in a script for generating a simple C source file.)

Another option would be to introduce a PCD in your platform package DEC file, with datum type (VOID*) and access method FixedAtBuild. For example:

[PcdsFixedAtBuild]
  gMyPlatformPkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdBuildIdentifier|""|VOID*|<token>

and when you build your platform DSC, you could pass the following option to the "build" utility:

  --pcd=gMyPlatformPkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdBuildIdentifier="$(git describe)"

View/Reply Online (#41987): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/41987
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io