[edk2-devel] EDK II Maintainers please test the pull request commit gate

Michael D Kinney michael.d.kinney at intel.com
Fri Nov 8 17:10:04 UTC 2019

Phil,

Yes.  There are two methods available

1) You can run the CI tests on your local dev system.
   Fix issues locally and rerun as needed before sending
   patch review email.  This will only perform build
   tests with your local compiler.

2) You can push a branch with changes to your personal
   fork of the edk2 repository (edk2-staging in the
   review period) and submit a pull request to the
   tianocore repo *without* the 'push' label set .  This
   is considered a personal build.  If all CI checks pass
   then the PR is auto closed with a comment on the
   PR.  If the PR fails, then the PR is left open with
   comment on the PR.  In the failure case, you can fix
   the issue on your local branch and do a forced
   push to your personal fork.  GitHub sees the forced
   push and reruns the CI tests automatically.  Today
   this runs build tests for VS2019 and GCC, so you get
   better coverage than local testing.  Once your personal
   build passes, you can send patch review email and can
   even point to the PR for your personal build so
   reviewers and maintainers can view the CI results.

NOTE: (1) does not send any public emails.
      (2) will send a public email when a comment or
          close action is performed on a PR to all
          GitHub users that are watching that repo.

Best regards,

Mike

View/Reply Online (#50309): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/50309
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io