[edk2-devel] Recent changes to EsrtFmp causing ASSERTs

Michael D Kinney michael.d.kinney at intel.com
Sat Oct 19 01:03:04 UTC 2019

Devices with FMP instances below version 3 do not support a HardwareInstance so they can only support single device for each GUID.  FMP implementations with versions below 3 that want to support multiple devices need to use multiple GUIDs.

The ASSERT() is still be correct if there are multiple FMP instances with the same GUID and their version is below 3 that uses an assumed HardwareInstance of 0.

Mike