[edk2-devel] [edk2] If use prebuild tools, not need install python 2.7 anymore?

Liming Gao liming.gao at intel.com
Mon Oct 28 05:26:36 UTC 2019

Where do you get BaseTools source code? Please clone the latest Edk2 (git at github.com:tianocore/edk2.git) and get BaseTools.

From: devel at edk2.groups.io [mailto:devel at edk2.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tiger Liu(BJ-RD)
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 5:24 PM
To: devel at edk2.groups.io; Gao, Liming <liming.gao at intel.com>
Subject: Re: [edk2-devel] [edk2] If use prebuild tools, not need install python 2.7 anymore?

Hi, Liming:
There is some Python tips as descripted below during udk compiling process.
……
--- Logging error ---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Lion\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 1028, in emit
    stream.write(msg + self.terminator)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'gbk' codec can't encode character '\u0478' in position 0: illegal multibyte sequence
Call stack:
  File "C:\Users\ Lion \AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\threading.py", line 890, in _bootstrap
    self._bootstrap_inner()
  File "C:\Users\ Lion \AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\threading.py", line 926, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Users\ Lion \AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\threading.py", line 870, in run
    self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
  File "Y:\BaseTools\Source\Python\build\build.py", line 179, in ReadMessage
    To(Line.rstrip().decode(encoding='utf-8', errors='ignore'))
……

So, Is it OK?

Thanks