[edk2-devel] EDK2 Logo Support

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 19:55:33 UTC 2020

+Ray

On 04/29/20 01:05, jim slaughter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I build and am running edk2-202002 (x86). Build done under WSL with Ubuntu
> 16.04.
> I found the Logo code and I need to replace the logo?
> The logo supplied with EDK2  is a .bmp file and is a tianocore logo.
> When I boot I never see the logo during the boot process? Is the logo used?
> I am not sure where the logo function is called during the boot process?
> Are there any documents on the logo? Where can I get information?
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

Please look at

MdeModulePkg/Include/Library/BootLogoLib.h
MdeModulePkg/Library/BootLogoLib/*
MdeModulePkg/Logo/LogoDxe.inf

and follow wherever those lead.

LogoDxe contains the image and exposes the custom protocol.

BootLogoLib lets your PlatformBootManagerLib instance consume (display)
the image via the protocol. You need to call the BootLogoLib functions
in your platform BDS code so the logo be displayed.

(Sorry, got no time to investigate / elaborate more in depth.)

hth

View/Reply Online (#58329): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/58329
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io