[edk2-devel] question about MSFT compiler/link option

Tiger Liu(BJ-RD) tigerliu at zhaoxin.com
Tue Aug 4 09:34:19 UTC 2020

Hi, Experts:
I have a question about MSFT compiler/link option.

I wrote a PEIM, which had a large global data array definition in a C file.
Such as:
PRI_DATA_STRUCT  PdataStructTable[] = {
{01,           0x75,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
{02,           0x77,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
{03,           0x79,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
{04,           0x7B,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
{05,           0x7D,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
{06,           0x7F,    0xF0,     0x0,     0x0,     0x0 },
};

This global data array is very large, about 20KB.

But I found the PEIM's compiled size is about 5KB, it seems not include this global data array in the efi binary statically.
Even the release version PEIM's size is larger than debug version.

I found when compiling release version, the link option has : /MERGE:.rdata=.data
It seems release binary included the global data array in the final efi image.

So, my question is:
Will the global data array be in linked into the final efi binary image when compiling debug version?

Thanks

保密声明:
本邮件含有保密或专有信息,仅供指定收件人使用。严禁对本邮件或其内容做任何未经授权的查阅、使用、复制或转发。
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
This email contains confidential or legally privileged information and is for the sole use of its intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use, copying or forwarding of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited.

View/Reply Online (#63694): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/63694
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io