[edk2-devel] arm64: AMD Overdrive MNP Bug

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 14:47:49 UTC 2020

On 08/22/20 21:43, Sahaj Sarup wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just flashed edk2 to my AMD Overdrive 3000 for the first time, it is
> a fresh edk2 build as well.
>
> When it boot i'm bombarded with this error:
> MnpReceivePacket: Snp->Receive() = Device Error.
>
> This continues till the OS takes over UART, it makes the edk2 TUI
> completely unusable.
> Please let me know if you require any other logs and for the time
> being is there a way to suppress this message or disable the component
> completely?

It seems like MnpReceivePacket() [NetworkPkg/MnpDxe/MnpIo.c] reports
that Snp->Receive() failed. Unless we can prove that the SNP failure is
justified/expected due to invalid SNP use in the MNP driver, you really
have to look into your SNP driver. (It most probably comes flashed onto
your NIC; not sure where you can get access to the source code.)

View/Reply Online (#64574): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/64574
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io