[edk2-devel] OVMF and MEMFD_BASE_ADDRESS values.

Andrew Fish via Groups.Io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Fri Feb 14 03:11:45 UTC 2020

I'm trying to understand the constraints around the value used with MEMFD_BASE_ADDRESS?

The reason I'm asking is I've been asked to remove firmware from using lower memory addresses in the low 0x800000 range as it is taking up too many ASLR bits in low memory VMs or some such.

At least on my OVMF config that seems to be PcdOvmfLockBoxStorageBase and PcdOvmfPeiMemFvBase. It is easy enough to move MEMFD_BASE_ADDRESS to a much higher address, but I'm not sure if there are any restrictions to the addresses I can use?

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#54403): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/54403
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io