[edk2-devel] UnitTests + Rust = <3

Yao, Jiewen jiewen.yao at intel.com
Wed Jan 15 02:44:06 UTC 2020

HI Bret
That is awesome.
I am also excited to see that.

I really like the rust unit test idea because the framework is embedded in the language and compiler.
That is perfect example to demonstrate the value of rust for EDKII. ☺

I have a quick look at the code. Here is my thought:
1) about the "win64" usage.
I think this may break the compilation with other architecture such as IA32, and Linux environment.
I am not sure which target you use. If you use x86_64-unknown-uefi, you may remove this flag.

2) about integration test.
Besides unit test, we can also create the “tests” dir for integration test for more complicated function call.
That is also supported by rust language.

Thank you
Yao Jiewen