[edk2-devel] Reg: TCP Port for ISCSI Connection

Sivaraman Nainar sivaramann at amiindia.co.in
Fri Jul 17 12:09:06 UTC 2020

Hello all:

In the ISCSI driver, Target TCP Port Input shows the default port as 3260. Which can be set from 0 to 65535

As per below RFC it talks about the Default Port only. Still it not clearly said if we can use the numbers 49152-65535 which is reserved.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3720

13. IANA Considerations

This section conforms to [RFC2434].

The well-known user TCP port number for iSCSI connections assigned by
IANA is 3260 and this is the default iSCSI port. Implementations
needing a system TCP port number may use port 860, the port assigned
by IANA as the iSCSI system port; however in order to use port 860,
it MUST be explicitly specified - implementations MUST NOT default to
use of port 860, as 3260 is the only allowed default.

with my understanding, it wouid be good if we can change the below Min and  MAX port number ranges with right ranges.

#define TARGET_PORT_MIN_NUM       0
#define TARGET_PORT_MAX_NUM       65535

Thanks
Siva