[edk2-devel] [Patch v2 0/2] Use RngLib instead of TimerLib for OpensslLib

Matthew Carlson via groups.io macarl=microsoft.com at groups.io
Fri Jul 31 20:15:45 UTC 2020

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the comments. I've addressed the feedback below.

1. All good comments. I think I've addressed them all. New patch series should be coming soon.

2. This is a problem for BaseCryptLibOnProtocol. We can't use a null lib for RngLib since it explodes when it tries to seed OpenSSL with entropy. I think for now, let's stick with established dependencies and figure this out at a later date. I added an RngLib that uses the DXE RNG Protocol.

3. I don't see a typo?

Calls RandomNumber64 to fill
a buffer of arbitrary size with random bytes.

@param [in]   Length        Size of the buffer, in bytes,  to fill with.
@param [out]  RandBuffer    Pointer to the buffer to store the random result.

@retval True        Random bytes generation succeeded.
@retval False       Failed to request random bytes.