[edk2-devel] Additional configuration options on Armada/Cn913x

Mark Kettenis mark.kettenis at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 11 22:43:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 04:17 PM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> On 6/11/20 4:07 PM, greg at unrelenting.technology wrote:
>
>> June 11, 2020 4:19 PM, "Ard Biesheuvel" <ard.biesheuvel at arm.com> wrote:

>>> What does this mean?
>>
>> The SPCR in upstream edk2 is set up to work around some Linux weirdness
>> (?) and I have to do this:
>>
>> https://github.com/myfreeweb/edk2-platforms/commit/74ec98a6498e78d2ae6c861db88487bf75f2e1a1
>>

>> to make it work on FreeBSD.
>
> Surely, they can't both be correct. Marcin?

Assuming the serial port on Armada/Cn911x is the same as on Armada8k, the following DT properties would be applicable:

reg-shift = <2>;
reg-io-width = <1>

which means the registers are spaced 32-bits apart but have to be accessed using 8-bit load/store instructions.  I'd say that
means that the ACPI Generic Address Space should have RegisterBitWidth set to 32 and AccessSize set to BYTE.
In other words, I think that the current:

#define MV_UART_AS32(Address) { EFI_ACPI_5_0_SYSTEM_MEMORY, 32, 0, EFI_ACPI_5_0_BYTE, Address }

is correct.  That certainly is what works for OpenBSD.

View/Reply Online (#61171): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/61171
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io