[edk2-devel] Adding Bhyve support into upstream EDK2

Sean via Groups.Io sean.brogan=microsoft.com at groups.io
Tue Mar 10 19:10:34 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:54 AM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:

> This means we can reasonably require any contributor not to regress on
> those platforms, given how they have full access to it, and this is
> actually where i would like us to take the next step when it comes to
> ci automation, i.e., automatically flag PRs that break the boot on a
> selected set of qemu based configs.

I appreciate the viewpoint but I don't think edk2 has "required" this yet and I would push back on that if it was brought up for community discussion.  As you know I believe contributing to edk2 is much too hard already, and filled with custom edk2 workflows, and this one would only make it more of a burden to contribute.

I do however agree that if this is important to the edk2 community, systems/automation should be setup to run this type of thing.  If that happens, i don't think it is much harder to do it for multi-repo than single repo and if done right for multi-repo then other platforms can opt in as well and the efforts to build this infrastructure will scale well beyond a single virtual platform.

Thanks
Sean

View/Reply Online (#55720): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/55720
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io