[edk2-devel] [EXTERNAL] [edk2-devel] Information about the VMs used to do EDK2 CI?

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 12:38:29 UTC 2020

On 03/22/20 00:03, Rebecca Cran wrote:
> Thank you. I think we probably do want to detect the number of threads
> available: I'll see if I can work on that.

In a Linux environment, you can run "getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN".

In fact that's how I build the native BaseTools on my laptop:

$ . edksetup.sh
$ nice make -C "$EDK_TOOLS_PATH" -j $(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)

And from a cursory web search:

  https://stackoverflow.com/a/23569003

it is supposed to work on macOS too, and with a small tweak, on the BSDs
as well.

View/Reply Online (#56103): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/56103
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io