[edk2-devel] Help with Logo Display Problems

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Mon May 11 21:26:59 UTC 2020

On 05/11/20 20:04, jim slaughter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yes BootLogoEnableLogo() appears in several files and is not commented out.
>
> Files:
> PlatformBm.c
> BdsPlatform.c
> BootLogoLib.c
>  BootLogoLib.h
> PlatformBm.c

That doesn't answer my question.

Does the PlatformBootManagerLib instance that is *specifically* linked
into BdsDxe in *your* firmware platform call BootLogoEnableLogo()?

Build your firmware with "--report-file=report.txt", and look up the
following part:

Module Name:          BdsDxe
[...]
Module INF Path:      MdeModulePkg/Universal/BdsDxe/BdsDxe.inf
[...]
Library
[...]
<IMPORTANT-LINE-HERE>
{PlatformBootManagerLib:  Time = ...ms}

The pathname just before the "PlatformBootManagerLib:  Time" line gives
you the INF file path that is relevant. Check the C files listed in that
INF file, for a BootLogoEnableLogo() call. The call should be made in
PlatformBootManagerAfterConsole().

View/Reply Online (#59210): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/59210
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io