[edk2-devel] Where to put the bhyve code in the edk2 repo: BhyvePkg, or under OvmfPkg?

Ard Biesheuvel ard.biesheuvel at arm.com
Fri May 15 09:47:00 UTC 2020

On 5/15/20 11:42 AM, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> On 05/14/20 18:20, Rebecca Cran wrote:
>>
>>> On May 14, 2020, at 4:24 AM, Laszlo Ersek <lersek at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> - The community not having any human resources permanently dedicated to
>>> bhyve regressions (testing, review, and post factum fixing) is fine, as
>>> long as the bhyve stakeholders can live with a matching frequency of
>>> regressions.
>>
>> Yes, I believe that would be acceptable.
>> Has there been a decision on the directory structure yet, or is that likely to be something that will need resolved at the next Stewards Meeting?
>
> Based on the discussion thus far, I'd suggest
> "OvmfPkg/SecondClass/Bhyve". If you have the time, just go ahead and
> submit the series like that, and wait for review.
>
> If you'd first like to be sure that everyone's OK with this pathname,
> then please wait for more feedback in this thread.

Please no. SecondClass/ implies some kind of hall of shame, which is not
a fair characterization.

I think it would be better to simply host this code under OvmfPkg/Bhyve,
and put some annotation in Maintainers.txt to document that regressions
that only affect Bhyve are not treated with the same level of urgency as
ones that affect OVMF for QEMU.

View/Reply Online (#59672): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/59672
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io