[EXTERNAL] [edk2-devel] [edk2-rfc] GitHub Pull Request based Code Review Process

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Mon May 25 18:28:43 UTC 2020

> On May 25, 2020, at 11:10 AM, Laszlo Ersek <lersek at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 05/25/20 06:09, Andrew Fish wrote:
>
>> I also found I had to Bing/Google to find the detailed instructions I
>> needed as a developer, as the Wiki seems to assume you just know the
>> Linux kernel patch process. That feels like an area we can improve.
>
> (apologies if I've lost context; please disregard my message below in
> that case).
>
> I wrote the following wiki article originally in 2016:
>
> https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Laszlo's-unkempt-git-guide-for-edk2-contributors-and-maintainers
>
> I wrote it specifically for developers & maintainers with no (or almost
> no) prior git / mailing list experience. Multiple developers confirmed
> later that the article had helped them.

Laszlo,

Your wiki article was very very helpful. I just could not find it from the Tianocre wiki. It would be good if we could link to it from here [1], maybe as add to this: "Are you new to using git? If so, then the New to git page may be helpful."?

There are a lot folks who use git but don't use the email based review so they have never setup git with emali before. Your wiki, plus me figuring out the magic internal SMTP reflector (I reached out on an internal git malling list) is what got me unblocked.

[1] https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Development-Process

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#60226): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/60226