[EXTERNAL] Re: [edk2-devel] Ecc style errors when running EDK2 CI locally without specifying a target (NO-TARGET)

Rebecca Cran rebecca at nuviainc.com
Thu Oct 1 02:25:03 UTC 2020

Ah, thanks. I made a wrong assumption about how it works. So I can get
it to fail faster by running "stuart_ci_build -c .pytool/CISettings.py
TOOL_CHAIN_TAG=GCC5 -t NO-TARGET" - i.e. running NO-TARGET without also
running DEBUG,RELEASE,NOOPT too.

It turns out that because of the repo I'm running it against, where I
haven't kept `master` up-to-date, it thinks almost all the files have
changed - and so it runs Ecc against code that hasn't really changed for
a long time.

"INFO - Cmd to run is: git diff --name-status HEAD origin/master"

So, now I've updated my repo's `master`, it both runs much faster, and
succeeds.

A weekly build which runs Ecc over all the code and compiles a report of
issues might be nice.

--
Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#65776): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/65776