[edk2-devel] [edk2-rfc] [RFC] Request to move MinPlatformPkg out of the Intel folder

Nate DeSimone nathaniel.l.desimone at intel.com
Mon Oct 5 20:11:33 UTC 2020

Hey Leif,

On 10/4/20, 3:00 PM, Leif Lindholm <leif at nuviainc.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 04, 2020 at 20:46:50 +0000, Desimone, Nathaniel L wrote:
> > Hey Hot,
> >
> > On 10/1/20, 9:20 PM, Tian, Hot <hot.tian at intel.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why not move to edk2 repo?
> >
> > Edk2 would be a good place as well.
>
> If it is being used by any external consumers, then yes edk2 makes perfect
> sense.
>
> It might still make sense to start prototyping that usage in a vendor-neutral
> section of edk2-platforms.

It is actually seeing a pretty large amount of external consumption right now. To my knowledge, every IBV and most OEMs depend on MinPlatformPkg for Tiger Lake UEFI firmware implementations. Given the interest we have seen here for non-Intel MinPlatform firmware, I believe that edk2 is likely the best place for it.

Thanks,
Nate

View/Reply Online (#65910): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/65910
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io