[edk2-rfc] [edk2-devel] [RFC] Support Both MM Traditional and Standalone Drivers with One MM Core

Sami Mujawar sami.mujawar at arm.com
Thu Oct 15 10:11:59 UTC 2020

Hi Siyuan,

I can see the following points:
- current code organisation is such that the traditional MM and standalone MM are clearly separated.
- traditional MM is planned to be deprecated.
- some architectures only support standalone MM (e.g. Arm platforms)
- life span of MM Migration use-case code is until traditional MM is deprecated.

Considering the above, would it be possible to have an option 3 where the MM Migration use-case code is placed in a separate location/package,  such that existing platforms do not need changing and are not regressed?
I understand the concern with duplicating the MM implementations, however I think it would be good to maintain the demarcation that exists between traditional MM and standalone MM. Features that are beneficial to standalone MM can certainly be added to StandaloneMmPkg.

Regards,

Sami Mujawar