[edk2-devel] Tianocore-docs Gitbook offline document status (PDF, EPUB, MOBI)

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 08:42:27 UTC 2020

On 10/19/20 22:33, Kinney, Michael D wrote:
> Laszlo,
>
> Yes.  As a quick implementation, I am converting the source branch name to a directory
> name below gh-pages to store the draft and multiple releases in the single gh-pages
> branch.  I could add more logic to use better path names if you think that is
> required.

No, the current names make sense. Thanks for the explanation.

> I agree it would be good if we could get the one fix for PUML up streamed to GitbookIO.
> If you look at the following Readme you will see it is no longer maintained.
>
>     https://github.com/GitbookIO/gitbook
>
> We are using the majority of the content from the GitbookIO projects,  Only the
> one gitbook plugin for PUML support is being pulled from a fork.
>
> This does means we need to handle any future issues ourselves, and if that becomes
> too much work, we would have to consider a conversion to a different publishing
> service or a different document source format.
>
> The current proposal here is a stop gap to make sure the offline documentation
> is made available to the EDK II Community.

I agree completely. Introducing this small "external dependency" still
leaves us in a lot better situation than what we're in now (which is "no
offline docs").

Thanks for the explanation, and for your work on this!
Laszlo

View/Reply Online (#66450): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/66450
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io