[edk2-devel] EDK2

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Fri Feb 5 23:35:56 UTC 2021

> On Feb 4, 2021, at 7:30 PM, Kinney, Michael D <michael.d.kinney at intel.com <mailto:michael.d.kinney at intel.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> If the character is part of the code (not a comment), the ignoring the codec error could silently produce the incorrect FW behavior.
>
> I prefer a failure with a correct identification of the file/line # so the file can be fixed.
>
> The EDK II CI checks will not allow files in with these types of issues.

Mike,

I agree the UNI file should be strict. I was also thinking about comments, build config files etc?

Is there a definition of what is legal in a comment? The code that had the crazy characters was not from TianoCore.

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#71381): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/71381
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io