[edk2-devel] Duplicate Files for StandaloneMmDriverEntryPoint.h

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 17:37:22 UTC 2021

Hi Michael,

On 02/22/21 23:11, Michael Kubacki wrote:
> Is there a particular reason two copies of
> StandaloneMmDriverEntryPoint.h exist in the edk2 repo?
>
> 1. MdePkg
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/MdePkg/Include/Library/StandaloneMmDriverEntryPoint.h
>

> 2. StandaloneMmPkg
> https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/StandaloneMmPkg/Include/Library/StandaloneMmDriverEntryPoint.h
>

> The only substantial difference (apart from copyright and comment
> differences) is that the StandaloneMmPkg instance contains a function
> declaration for EfiMain().

I believe this may have been an omission in commit d6253d2f9a33
("StandaloneMmPkg: remove redundant StandaloneMmDriverEntryPoint
driver", 2019-03-11).

At that point, both the library class & instance had been migrated to
MdePkg (commits 7df4764e6a81a and 5866d4992396).

Can you propose a patch (unless I'm wrong, of course)?

View/Reply Online (#72096): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/72096
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io