[edk2-devel] VirtIO Sound Driver (GSoC 2021)

Nate DeSimone nathaniel.l.desimone at intel.com
Tue Mar 30 03:17:12 UTC 2021

Hi Ethin,

Great to meet you and welcome to the TianoCore project! Glad you hear you are interested! The audio output protocol would be a great GSoC project! VirtIO/Qemu support seems like a good baseline to start with. Real hardware codecs like a USB audio class driver would be a good extension after the emulation case Is implemented. I would also recommend putting a testing strategy into your project proposal, maybe write a simple UEFI shell application that plays a .wav file using AUDIO_OUTPUT_PROTOCOL?

I took a quick look at your application, please make sure that you answer all the questions that we list in our application template: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/GSoC2021#application-template

Hope this helps and welcome to the project!

With Best Regards,
Nate

View/Reply Online (#73518): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/73518
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io