[edk2-devel] CdePkgBlog 2021-11-14

Maciej Rabeda maciej.rabeda at linux.intel.com
Mon Nov 22 16:31:06 UTC 2021

Hi Kilian,

 From my point of view, the main problem with adoption of CdePkg to EDK2
is that it relies on Torito C library.

 1. Torito C library License
    (https://github.com/KilianKegel/toro-C-Library/blob/master/LICENSE.md)
    only allows for creating UEFI Shell applications.
      * What about applications that do not rely on ShellPkg (example:
        SysPrep application that might want to use Redfish, which
        depends on C standard library)?
      * What about drivers/libraries that rely on C standard library?
      * How is that compatible with EDK2 BSD-2-Clause-Patent?
 2. Torito C is pre-compiled.
      * How can I verify what was actually implemented inside? Industry
        would have to trust your tests, perform own set of tests or/and
        disassemble it (doable, but unacceptable effort-wise).

Unless those problems are solved, I simply cannot use it.

Thanks,
Maciej

View/Reply Online (#83915): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/83915
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io