[edk2-devel] FL1100 usb chipset/Mac OS OVMF/XhciDxe issues with bootable usb 3.0 devices

Daniele Crudo crudo.daniele at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 12:35:08 UTC 2021

Hi,
I'm using OVMF/qemu/kvm/libvirt to boot a mac os system.
In my setup I'm passing through a fresco logic usb controller with
FL1100 chipset.
I noticed that:

1. If I plug a usb 3.0 device in a usb 3.0 port of the FL1100
controller with a mac os installer, the bootloader is unable to see
the installer; moreover it prevents other devices to work correctly
(for example I have a mouse/kb dongle attached to a usb 2 hub,
attached to another usb 3.0 port of the FL1100)

2. If I plug the same usb 3.0 device into a hub usb 2.0, connected to
the usb 3.0 port of the FL1100 controller with a mac os installer, the
bootloader is able to see the installer and all the other devices work
correctly (in this case mouse/kb dongle also attached to the usb 2
hub)

It seems to me an issue with XhciDxe driver and this specific FL1100 chipset.

Any way I can provide more debug info on this?

View/Reply Online (#82187): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/82187
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io