[edk2-devel] Question about EDK2 and commit signing

Marvin Häuser mhaeuser at posteo.de
Mon Sep 13 19:31:26 UTC 2021

Hey Pedro,

Same point as before really, why would an attacker have access to your
SSH key but not your GPG key? This scenario leaves out the possibly of
an HTTPS over SSH attack, in which case as a security-aware person you
use 2FA of course ( :) ), which means this is not possible without
creating a personal access token. There is very little reason to do this
at all - I never did this before, and I don't know anyone who does this
with their private or work GitHub account (I think a few use it for
CI?), at least that I know of. And even if you need one, and you give it
push rights to actually push with, and you require GPG signatures
globally, you again are keeping those two factors at least close
together, if not in the same spot.

Best regards,
Marvin

View/Reply Online (#80612): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/80612