[edk2-devel] edk2-libc Python Build issue

M.T. xzavierpower at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:45:47 UTC 2022

Hello

I am trying to build the Python environment for UEFI as per Py368ReadMe.txt.
I am doing this on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS with GCC5 for X64, all instructions
seem to be meant for windows and MSFT.
I was able to build everything else and verify that it works, so I don't
see why this should be an issue, but I am running into several issues.

Initial error is missing Python.h.
The path to AppPkg/Applications/Python/Python-3.6.8/Include seems to be
missing from the build command, I was able to fix that by modifying
Python368.inf and under BuildOptions, adding:
GCC:*_*_*_CC_FLAGS =
-I$(WORKSPACE)/AppPkg/Applications/Python/Python-3.6.8/Include
However this then results in other errors such as unused functions - fixed
with -Wno-unused-functions added to the same line above, and then finally
redfinitions.

Is the build process of Python 3.6.8 documented anywhere that might help me
out, or if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you
xp

View/Reply Online (#88476): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/88476