[edk2-devel] GSoC 2022: Add S3 resume support to MinPlatform

Nate DeSimone nathaniel.l.desimone at intel.com
Thu Apr 7 21:46:58 UTC 2022

Hi Benjamin,

Welcome back! That sounds like a great project! Speaking from experience on the HDMI closed chassis work and how much work there is left to do there, I think that the two combined would qualify as a large project and they fit together rather naturally since the HDMI closed chassis debugging will undoubtedly help you get S3 resume working. It sounds like you have done some research already which is great! I’ll dig up the code that I have thus far and point you at it as well. What I have is mostly working but there does seem to be some bugs in it, especially around handling I/O errors on the DDC bus.

From what I remember most of the needed interaction was indeed with registered in the GMBUS, but I seem to recall also having to program some GPIOs as the PHY for the low speed DDC connection was implemented on the PCH side. Again… let me find the code and we can work from there.

Anyway, sounds like an awesome proposal and a fun summer project, feel free to write up a proposal 😊.

With Best Regards,
Nate