[edk2-devel] Proposal to move Rust std work to edk2-staging

Michael Kubacki mikuback at linux.microsoft.com
Mon Aug 1 14:49:28 UTC 2022

Hi Ayush,

For the purposes of this work, please don't let process impede progress.
The main purpose of moving to edk2-staging is to broaden exposure of the
work and encourage additional collaboration. In particular, within the
Tianocore/edk2 community.

As the author, you can choose how to best present your work to the
communities - Rust and Tianocore.

I think it's reasonable to keep the edk2-staging repo light with
documentation, examples, and edk2-specific changes that reference the
Rust changes in your rust-lang/rust fork. The code in the edk2-staging
repo should ultimately aim to transition to an edk2 PR as the edk2
contribution from the project.

Regards,
Michael

View/Reply Online (#92008): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/92008