[edk2-devel] [Patch 1/2] OvmfPkg: Change default to disable MptScsi and PvScsi

James Bottomley jejb at linux.ibm.com
Wed Dec 7 14:14:39 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-12-07 at 15:09 +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> So at some point, these drivers will be removed rather than kept
> alive by the core team unless someone steps up.

How important is keeping them alive?  I can volunteer to "maintain"
them which I anticipate won't be much effort (plus I'm used to looking
after obsolete SCSI equipment).  The hardware is obsolete, so the
mechanics of their emulation isn't going to change, the only potential
risk is changes in the guest to host transmission layer that breaks
something.  On the other hand, I've got to say I use virtio-scsi in all
my VM testing environments, so the maintenance will likely only be
reacting when someone else reports a problem.

James

View/Reply Online (#97082): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/97082
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io