[edk2-devel] edk2-wiki: "How to build with Stuart" - suggested changes/additions

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Sat Dec 24 17:37:47 UTC 2022

Mike,

I tried following the "How to build with Stuart" document and ran into a
some issues on my Ubuntu 20.04 system:

First, we now need to use "python3.9" on Ubuntu 20.04 since "python3" is
3.8 which no longer works.

Secondly, the loongarch64 gcc download is 930MB - 3.2GB once unpacked.
We might want to add something about specifying "-a LOONGARCH64" etc. if
you want to build it, or '-a X64,AARCH64' etc. if you want to skip it. I
ended up canceling "stuart_update" because I thought it had hung.

Lastly, the "stuart_update" command listed doesn't work: it seems you
need to specify a TOOL_CHAIN_TAG to have it download anything.

--
Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#97749): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/97749
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io