[edk2-devel] EFI shell with microvm

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Thu Jan 6 12:44:01 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 11:25:37AM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> Hi Gerd,
>
> I was looking at a way to add support for EFI shell interaction with Cloud Hypervisor when
> I realized you added the support for microvm with commit 55f47d22998.
> I have been able to hack OvmfPkgX64 similarly to get it to work, but here are two follow up
> questions:

How do you want interact?  Serial console?  That should work just fine
with OvmfPkgX64.

qemu-system-x86_64 -nographic -bios Build/OvmfX64/DEBUG_GCC5/FV/OVMF.fd -net none

Possibly you have to add the cloud hypervisor pci id somewhere so isa
lpc and serial line driver are initialized properly.  SioBusDxe looks
like a hot candidate.

microvm has no lpc bridge, so I had to do it in a different way ...

> 2. I can see the shell but I can't interact with it, do you have a similar behavior with microvm
> or is it because I'm missing the interrupt support?

Works fine for me.

qemu-system-x86_64 -nographic -machine microvm,rtc=on -bios Build/MicrovmX64/DEBUG_GCC5/FV/MICROVM.fd

HTH,
  Gerd

View/Reply Online (#85298): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/85298
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io