[edk2-devel] Shell App hangs on exit

M.T. xzavierpower at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:05:55 UTC 2022

Hello folks

I'm facing a bit of a weird issue here.
I'm working on a UEFI shell app, which, for some reason, hangs on exit, and
by that I mean when I'm returning the final status from ShellAppMain.
ie:
INTN EFIAPI ShellAppMain( IN UINTN Argc, IN CHAR16 **Argv)
{
EFI_STATUS status;
return status;
}

Looking through other examples, all other shell apps do exactly the same
thing, yet mine hangs every time without fail.

I suspect it might have something to do with memory that was not freed, but
that is just a suspicion for now as I had it exiting properly not that long
ago.

Question here is, how can I figure out what is going on?
Are there any code analysis tools I could try?
Normally I would use something like valgrind, but I am not sure
anything like it exists for UEFI shell.

Appreciate any help.
Thank you
xp