Re: [edk2-devel] ‘EmbeddedDrivers’ option in Capsule file.

Michael D Kinney michael.d.kinney at intel.com
Fri Jul 22 15:44:17 UTC 2022

Hi,

+ Eric Jin

This is a good question.

GenerateCapsule.py can take input arguments from command line or a JSON file.

I think you have found a case where these two input options do not have identical behavior.

  *   If EmbeddedDrivers are not provided through command line, then no warning is printed.
  *   If EmbeddedDrivers section is missing from JSON file, then a warning is printed.

It is a warning and not an error, so I think this warning can be safely ignored.

If you do not want to see the warning, then you can add an empty EmbeddedDrivers
section to the JSON file.

I have added Eric Jin to this thread who added the JSON input feature to GenerateCapsule.py.
He should be able to clarify if EmbeddedDriver section is considered required when using
the JSON input format.

For your specific questions:

  1.  Embedded drivers is not required
  2.  For your use case EmbeddedDrivers should be empty
  3.  No updates to Vlv2TbltDevicePkg should be required.

Best regards,

Mike