[edk2-devel] Running Rust Tests for UEFI now possible

Ayush Singh ayushdevel1325 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 05:32:23 UTC 2022

Hello everyone. I have a new exciting update about the project
"Implement Rust-std for UEFI". It is now possible to run Rust Testing
suit for UEFI under qemu. The instructions for running the tests can be
found [here](https://www.programmershideaway.xyz/post12/). It also
contains a detailed list of everything that has been implemented for
UEFI target.

The tests don't run perfectly yet. There are some that fail because they
are target specific and uefi should be added to there ignore list,
others fail because there are holes/problems in the current
implementation and some simply timeout since the tests have to run in
single-threaded mode which is too slow for the current timeout. Also,
around the 8500s tests, one of the tests seem to cause infinite
loop/stall which prevents further tests from running (if you try to run
all the tests at once). So I would advice running tests in small numbers
at a time (around 500 or so should be fine), if someone wants to try it
out. Also, majority of the tests pass (I think there was around 80 tests
that failed in the first 8500s or so).

Now, I will be working on getting all the tests to either pass or add
them to ignore (if they don't make sense in UEFI).

Yours Sincerely

Ayush Singh

View/Reply Online (#91761): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/91761
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io