[edk2-devel] Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2022!

Nate DeSimone nathaniel.l.desimone at intel.com
Wed Mar 9 01:25:02 UTC 2022

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that TianoCore has been accepted to participate in GSoC 2022! GSoC applications will start rolling in on April 4th, so now we need some volunteers to be mentors. Thank you to all who have volunteered! Mentors will need to be able to commit to the following:

* Generally, we prefer mentors who have been long term contributors to the TianoCore project
* During the GSoC contributor application period (April 4 - April 19), mentors need to be available to help review GSoC applications.
* On average, we expect each GSoC contributor will need roughly 5 hours of help each week during the 12 week development period (June 13 - September 4). I know that most people here have day jobs (including myself) so I'd like to assign 2 mentors per student whenever possible, this will reduce the time investment to ~2.5 hours per week.
* The GSoC contributor and their mentors should meet for 30min at absolute minimum on a weekly basis. The mentors should be able to make themselves available for more time if the contributor requires additional mentoring. In general, mentors should help their contributors succeed.
* Help the GSoC contributors get involved the rest of the TianoCore community. A lot of times, contributors have no prior open source experience and can at times be shy. One of the goals for GSoC is to give contributors new experiences and exposure to the open source community. Mentors should help contributors present their project at one of the TianoCore Design Meetings and help them solicit feedback from other community members on the mailing list.
* Mentors will need to write up 2 evaluations (July and August) for the GSoC contributors they are mentoring.

If you are interested in participating as a GSoC contributor (aka student) this year, feel free to introduce yourself on the mailing list and discuss potential project proposals.

If you are interested in mentoring, please send me an off-list/private email.

Thanks!
Nate

View/Reply Online (#87380): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/87380
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io