[edk2-devel] [GSoC 2022] Introducing Myself

ayushdevel1325 at gmail.com ayushdevel1325 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:06:48 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I am Ayush Singh, a 2nd-year student from India. I am interested in the proposal: *Add Rust support to EDK II*.

I am experienced in Rust, C, and Python. However, I have very little experience with Assembly. I am currently participating in Season of KDE ( https://dot.kde.org/2022/01/26/season-kde-kicks ) to write Rust Bindings for KConfig ( https://invent.kde.org/oreki/kconfig-rs ). I am also a collaborator in qmetaobject ( https://github.com/woboq/qmetaobject-rs ) project which allows creating Qt applications with Rust.

While I have not done anything much that is so low-level, I am interested in learning more about bare-metal programming. I have also used Rust without std although it was when I was following along with the OS Philip Blog ( https://os.phil-opp.com/ ) , so it was not all that special.

Are there any tasks for this project that I can complete? Due to COVID, my semester times are a bit off, so I don't have too much time to complete tasks right now, but I will try my best.

View/Reply Online (#87637): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/87637
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io