[edk2-devel] System hang by loading FmpDxexxx.efi.

gordontcp at gmail.com gordontcp at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:29:30 UTC 2022

System hang by loading FmpDxexxx.efi.

Hi all,

I built FmpDevicePkg in tianocore/edk2. Then, I load FmpDxexxx.eif in EmulatorX64 and Minnow Board. It both crashed. I traced the code and found out it hang at follows:

1. PcdGetBool (PcdTestKeyUsed);

2. PcdSetBoolS (PcdTestKeyUsed, TRUE);

Detail as follows:

\edk2\FmpDevicePkg\FmpDxe\ DetectTestKey.c

DetectTestKey (

VOID

)

{

….

// If PcdTestKeyUsed is already TRUE, then skip test key detection

//

TestKeyUsed = PcdGetBool (PcdTestKeyUsed);  --> system hang

..

// If test key detected or an error occurred checking for the test key, then

// set PcdTestKeyUsed to TRUE.

//

if (TestKeyUsed) {

DEBUG ((DEBUG_INFO, "FmpDxe(%s): Test key detected in PcdFmpDevicePkcs7CertBufferXdr.\n", mImageIdName));

PcdSetBoolS (PcdTestKeyUsed, TRUE); --> system hang

I modified \MdeModulePkg\MdeModulePkg.dec from

[PcdsDynamic, PcdsDynamicEx]

gEfiMdeModulePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdTestKeyUsed|FALSE|BOOLEAN|0x00030003

as below:

[PcdsPatchableInModule, PcdsDynamic, PcdsDynamicEx]

gEfiMdeModulePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdTestKeyUsed|FALSE|BOOLEAN|0x00030003

It worked fine.

Is it a bug of edk2?

View/Reply Online (#90080): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/90080
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io