[edk2-devel] How to add a DXE driver to an OVMF image?

d.meneses via groups.io d.meneses=softi9.pt at groups.io
Wed Nov 9 18:29:16 UTC 2022

Thank you Andrew for your reply.

Your explanation about the Driver Binding protocol cleared up some questions of mine.

Regarding the BDS, I recon I have some reading to do before I understand what you said and why it might be relevant to me.

For now I am investigating the possibility of having a DxeDriver load an UEFI application and create an event to start it after the DXE Phase is over and the Terminal protocol is available.

I need to:
- learn how to load and start images. To that end I have found a CoreLoadImage and CoreStartImage edk2 functions, buuut
- I haven't figured out how to get the device path to my UEFI app
- I was wondering if I could somehow use my app's GUID to search for it?
- Then I'd learn how to use events and have them start the app

I'm deeply thankful for your time, wish you luck and peace

View/Reply Online (#96164): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/96164
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io