[edk2-devel] [edk2-platforms: PATCH] BIOS needs to present cores in order of relative performance in MADT

Pedro Falcato pedro.falcato at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:11:26 UTC 2022

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 8:35 AM Lin, JackX <jackx.lin at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>

> Yes, it is for  some specific test tools.
>

> There are different performance between CPU cores, and the big cores are
> better than small cores.
>
> Some legacy tools are executing with the highest performance CPU cores, In
> early CPU design, it is usually the first one.
>

> We have to put them at the front of all CPU cores, otherwise some tests
> cannot pass.
>
> Due to avoid this happened, we need to ensure CPU cores are ordered by big
> core first.

Thank you for the thorough description. Could you please (or whoever is
pushing this) add this to the commit message?
I've been following the evolution of this specific file over the last few
months with mild interest and getting things properly documented should be
pretty important!
Might help avoid any future breakage too :D

Thanks,
Pedro

View/Reply Online (#96500): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/96500
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io