[edk2-devel] USB: reducing/removing EHCI and XHCI logging when bulk transfer requests timeout

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Tue Nov 29 23:05:36 UTC 2022

On 11/29/22 13:51, Andrew Fish via groups.io wrote:

>>> Are those DEBUG prints or report status code?
>> They're DEBUG prints.
> If they happen a lot maybe they should be DEBUG_VERBOSE?

I think the UsbNetworkPkg drivers are probably unique in that the network stack polls for packets every 10ms, which will cause them to issue a bulk transfer request with a timeout of 1ms.

So as long as there aren't packets being sent, the timeout messages will occur continuously. Putting them under DEBUG_VERBOSE would certainly work.

--

Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#96716): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/96716
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io