[edk2-devel] Pip edk2-basetools diverged from edk2/BaseTools (e.g. doesn't have "Revert "BaseTools: Fix DSC LibraryClass precedence rule"")

Rebecca Cran quic_rcran at quicinc.com
Wed Sep 7 13:08:00 UTC 2022

I've been running into a problem with CI that was fixed in edk2 BaseTools before the recent stable tag:

ERROR - Compiler #3000 from
/home/vsts/work/1/s/MdeModulePkg/Library/SmmLockBoxLib/SmmLockBoxPeiLib.inf(42):
PCD [gEfiMdeModulePkgTokenSpaceGuid.PcdDxeIplSwitchToLongMode] in
[/home/vsts/work/1/s/MdeModulePkg/Library/SmmLockBoxLib/SmmLockBoxPeiLib.inf]
is not found in dependent packages:

I noticed that CI is using the Pip based tools, and from comparing
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2-basetools/commits/master and
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/commits/master/BaseTools it's clear
they've diverged, and the former for example doesn't have "Revert
"BaseTools: Fix DSC LibraryClass precedence rule"", as well as several
other fixes.

Could we get them synced up?

--
Rebecca Cran