[edk2-devel] [Patch V2 0/8] Use CpuPageTableLib to create and update smm page table

Lendacky, Thomas via groups.io thomas.lendacky=amd.com at groups.io
Fri Apr 14 19:05:20 UTC 2023

On 4/14/23 12:19, Ni, Ray via groups.io wrote:
> tom,
> if the c bit is not required for non leaf page table entries, why the trunk code sets the c bit for all entities including nonleaf ones?

Because it's effectively the correct thing to do, even though it doesn't
matter.

> i went back to read again the smm issue you met. you said the c bit is set for non leaf entries that caused a deference issue. But the pagetablelib code doesn't set c bit to non leaf entries. then who sets the c bit?

I guess that's the main question, how did that get set? I haven't had the
time to fully examine and follow the codepath in the pagetable library to
figure out why it was set. Maybe as part of a page split?

Thanks,
Tom

View/Reply Online (#103022): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/103022
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io