[edk2-devel] OVMF build.sh change is incorrect

Mike Beaton mjsbeaton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 10:34:16 UTC 2023

Perhaps I can briefly clarify:

"This now no longer works" was too brief - of course the listed command
does build and start QEMU. But, to clarify, a rebuild is not what is wanted
here, both for the additional time it takes, and for the fact that it
resets (rebuilds) the NVRAM of the VM.

The advantage of using `build.sh -a ... -b ... qemu ...` to launch QEMU
without building (as was previously possible) is that it automatically
selects the correct qemu command and correct built OVMF BIOS binary to
match the related build command.

Mike

View/Reply Online (#107750): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/107750
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io