[edk2-devel] About EDK2 supports Self Modifying Code

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Thu Aug 17 20:55:13 UTC 2023

> On Aug 17, 2023, at 12:53 PM, Michael D Kinney <michael.d.kinney at intel.com> wrote:
>
> How many different integer values are needed by FW for use of the csrrd instruction?

MIke,

I’m no expert on this and I just tried to site read a specification for the 1st time….
It looks to me the like the arch spec does not say something like mm0 - mm7 it seems to imply mm0 - mmN (N is implementation defined). Some of these resources seemed to be debug registers and performance counters, so things that make a lot of sense to have a variable number defined by the implementation?

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#107841): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/107841
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io