[edk2-devel] [edk2-discuss] PLDM messages via MCTP over KCS

Chang, Abner via groups.io abner.chang=amd.com at groups.io
Tue Aug 22 16:26:37 UTC 2023

[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi Aladyshev,
We use library class to specify the desire transport interface for the management protocol, such as MCTP, PLDM and IPMI. This way we can flexibly support any transport interface for the management protocol.

Here is the example of using ManageabilityPkg, which is PLDM over MCTP over KCS.
  ManageabilityPkg/Universal/IpmiProtocol/Dxe/IpmiProtocolDxe.inf {
    <LibraryClasses>
      ManageabilityTransportLib|ManageabilityPkg/Library/ManageabilityTransportKcsLib/Dxe/DxeManageabilityTransportKcs.inf
  }
  ManageabilityPkg/Universal/MctpProtocol/Dxe/MctpProtocolDxe.inf {
    <LibraryClasses>
      ManageabilityTransportLib|ManageabilityPkg/Library/ManageabilityTransportKcsLib/Dxe/DxeManageabilityTransportKcs.inf
  }
  ManageabilityPkg/Universal/PldmProtocol/Dxe/PldmProtocolDxe.inf {
    <LibraryClasses>
      ManageabilityTransportLib|ManageabilityPkg/Library/ManageabilityTransportMctpLib/Dxe/DxeManageabilityTransportMctp.inf
  }

So you can implement ManageabilityTransport library for either industry standard or proprietary implementation for the specific management protocol.

BTW, We do have PLDM SMBIOS over MCTP implementation but not upstream yet.

Hope this information helps.
Thanks
Abner

View/Reply Online (#107952): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/107952