[edk2-devel] [edk2-discuss] PLDM messages via MCTP over KCS

Chang, Abner via groups.io abner.chang=amd.com at groups.io
Thu Aug 31 04:59:03 UTC 2023

[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi Aladyshev,

This is something I don’t really sure as I can't verify the response payload because our BMC doesn't have the code to handle MCTP over KCS command. However it is appreciated if community can help to verify this. As I can remember, I can see the return KCS status is 0xC1, the invalid command. Thus I think if we do a MCTP over KCS, the first response is still KCS response header.
This is not what do you see on the BCM it does support MCTP over KCS? If so, then I would like to have your help to correct this code.

> Since 'ManageabilityTransportKcsLib' can be used both for IPMI and
> MCTP, how should we deal with this?
If KcsCommon.c, we can have different code path for the given protocol GUID. e.g., if (TransportToken->ManagebilityProtocolSpecification == MCTP).
Then skip reading the KCS_REPOSNSE_HEADER or to read the MCTP_RESPONSE_HEADER (I don see what is the response header for MCTP KCS in spec though, does it mention the KCS response?).

Thanks
Abner

View/Reply Online (#108184): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/108184
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io