[edk2-devel] CI passed yesterday; failing today only for PatchCheck

tlaronde at polynum.com tlaronde at polynum.com
Tue Jan 31 09:52:49 UTC 2023

As requested, yesterday, for a trivial correction in BaseTools,
removing useless libuuid dependency in GenFv/, I made a Pull Request
and triggered a CI check test. All went fine.

Today, looking if the patches have been reviewed and merged, I saw that
since the master has changed, it required a merge. I did it and this
triggered once more a CI check and this time, there is one failure: the
PatchCheck (required) while everything builds without ado.

So some questions:

1) When a pull request with a CI check test has been made and passed
successfully, should one simply leave it as is---even if the head
moves---waiting for reviewer approval and merge?

2) Is it known that this procedure (merging and re-trigerring) leads to
a failure of PatchCheck for whatever reason?

3) In my case, the source modification should have impacted only Unix
like GCC builds: the modification of the GNUmakefile; the removal of
inclusions that dependend on __FreeBSD__ and __GNUC__ that is only GCC
related compilations. Is there a way to limit the CI compilation to a
subset (in this case GCC builds)? Because it seems to me a waste
of computer time for such a limited modification...

                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/

View/Reply Online (#99345): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/99345
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io