[edk2-devel] [edk2-platforms] Enable GitHub PR, protected branches, and 'push' label

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Fri Mar 17 14:20:03 UTC 2023

On 3/17/23 8:08 AM, Marvin Häuser wrote:
>> On 17. Mar 2023, at 14:44, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, this.  For active PRs this usually isn't much of a problem.  But
>> try come back after a few months, or even a few years (see Rebecca
>> trying to lookup context for a 2016 commit in the archives).
> I also didn’t find anything in the GutHub docs regarding guarantees for archival. Disgusting.

There's a PR from npm cli from 2018 that still appears to have all data
about it: https://github.com/npm/cli/pull/1

But, in other places there do seem to be concerns about data retention,
for example
https://github.com/tianocore-docs/edk2-VfrSpecification/actions is empty
and almost certainly had a run in November 2020. I don't know if that's
something we configured, or if it deletes history for GitHub Actions
after a few years.

--

Rebecca Cran

View/Reply Online (#101344): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/101344